c/o Sport Singapore, 3 Stadium Drive, #01-33
|Phone:||(+65) 6440 9763|
|Fax:||(+65) 6345 2482|
Update on Haze Situation
1. Since Monday morning, conditions have been visibly hazy with a strong burning smell detected across many parts of Singapore.
2. Given the current hazy conditions island-wide, Singapore Sports Council would like to remind all National Sports Associations (NSAs) and sports events organisers on the importance of putting in place adequate risk assessments and haze action plans for all sporting events in Singapore.
3. NSAs are strongly advised to check the National Environment Agency’s (NEA) website regularly to monitor the Pollutants Standards Index (PSI) level and implement these haze action plans at your events for the safety of your participants and spectators.
4. The PSI readings and health advisories are available on the NEA PSI page through the following channels:
a. Weather@SG website
5. Please refer to the following table as a general guide for the cancellation of sporting events.
* All cancellations of activities will have to be decided one hour prior to the commencement of the activities. All decisions are to be made at the discretion of the Event Organiser Organising Committee.
6. If you have any questions, please contact Delphine Fong, Director (Sports Safety) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 6500 5357.
7. Thank you.