Enclosed is the application form for your immediate action.
You are required to attend a two day series of lecture, written test and water practical session if your application is accepted.
Please note that the class is only able to accommodate up to a maximum of 20 persons and it will be on a first come first serve basis with full payment.
The closing date is on Monday, 3rd February 2014 at 12.00 pm.
Criteria for Acceptance for the Candidate:
1. Have been a rower for at least 6 months.
2. Totally devoid of any experience as a helm.
3. To be awarded a “statement of success” the successful candidate of this Helm Foundation course must attend the ongoing “Helm Accreditation Scheme” workshop which consists of a power-point education, a written assessment and a practical test for proficiency on water
4. Any candidate who applies with helm experience will not be accepted for this Helm Foundation course and any fees paid will be forfeited. Instead this candidate should find opportunity to attend the “Helm Accreditation Scheme” workshop to obtain a licence to helm for any dragon boat crew sanctioned by SDBA
This is to allow legitimate, enthusiastic and inexperienced candidates to have the chance to learn the basic concept of helming.
5. Be at least 18 years of age.