SDBA Helm Accreditation January 2015
To All SDBA Affiliates:
- We are pleased to inform you that the Singapore Dragon Boat Association will be conducting a session each of the SDBA Helm Accreditation Scheme on Saturday 10th and again on Sunday 11th January 2015. You have the option to chose the day which suits you.
- Note that the purpose of this Scheme is not to train helms but to accredit helms who have demonstrated a level of capability and have registered as being able to competently helm a crew. The training of helms is the responsibility of the respective affiliate.
- All candidates of the SDBA Helm Accreditation Scheme should preferably:-
- be proficient in paddling in a dragon boat; with a minimum of one(1) year paddling experience
- have already possessed basic helming skill and knowledge, with a minimum of one(1) year practice in helming a dragon boat with their respective teams
- have already possessed a First Aid or CPR Certificate
- be able to swim a minimum 50m distance (in any swimming technique) in light clothing with and without wearing a Personal Floatation Device (PFD)
- An overview and the workings of the Scheme will be introduced in the workshop, followed by a short written assessment and a practical test in water
- Each session (class) can only accommodate up to a maximum of twenty (20) persons and it will be on a first come first serve basis with full payment.
- The closing date will be on Friday 02 January 2015 at 12.00 pm.
- Enclosed is the application form for your immediate action.