Singapore Dragon Boat Association (SDBA) has a fleet of twelve 12-crew Dragon Boats and twelve 22-crew Dragon Boats for rental at its operation centre located at Kallang Water Sports Centre (KWSC) @ No. 10 Stadium Lane, Kallang, Singapore 397774.
Our exact location: http://sdba.org.sg/contact/
The hiring of dragon boat will be on a 2-hour per session basis and the time slots are as follows:
- 8 am to 10 am (note d)
- 10 am to 12 pm
- 12 pm to 2 pm
- 2 pm to 4 pm
- 4 pm to 6 pm
The 2-hour session includes the time taken for drawing out of equipment, inspection, launching and returning of the dragon boat and all accessories issued. It also includes a 20-minute safety briefing.
a. Inclusive of a rudder, 10 paddles, 10 buoyancy-vests and 2 bailers
b. Inclusive of a rudder, 20 paddles, 20 buoyancy-vests and 2 bailers
c. Please produce certificates of trainer and steersperson during booking
d. There will be a surcharge of $10.70 (inclusive of GST) per boat per session for 8 am to 10 am session
Hiring of Power Boat safety escort comes with 1 power boat licensed MPA driver and fuel
- $642.00 (inclusive of GST) for full day
- $481.50 (inclusive of GST) for half day
Lifeguard at $80.25 (inclusive of GST) per session
So you want to do dragon boating, here is what you should do:
- Form a crew (see table for number of paddlers per boat) or identify number of pax to participate)
- Identify a date
- Identify a time slot
- Identify trainer & steersperson (only for hiring of boat only)
- Read the Terms and Conditions for the rental of dragon boats, and Ready to book!
For booking, please email below information to firstname.lastname@example.org at least 2 weeks (*) before your intended session:
- Company/organisation/individual’s name
- Date and time of your session
- Total number of participants
- Number of boats (12 or 22-crew)
- Certificates of trainer & steersperson (if you are renting boat only)
- Contact person’s name and mobile number
* 2-week lead time is required for SDBA to source for trainer and steersperson, however if you are renting boats only, a shorter lead time is possible but subject to boat availability
- Payment must be made before dragon boat session.
- SDBA will issue receipt upon payment.
- We are closed on Mondays and Public Holidays
- No Walk-Ins, all bookings must be via Emails.
- No Refund due to Inclement Weather.
On Day of Dragon Boating
1 KWSC is a 10 minutes’ walk from Stadium MRT Station (please check with Station Control Office for direction if unsure).
2 Chartered bus can drop off/pick up from Kallang Wave Mall Taxi Stand. http://www.sportshub.com.sg/Directions/Documents/TrafficeBrochure_FA3flip%20copy.pd KWSC is a 5 minutes’ walk from this drop off point.
3 Participants are advised to arrive 15 minutes early to change up.
4 Shower cubicles (no heater) are available at KWSC.
5 Avoid wearing ring as it may make contact with the paddle and cause hurt to your finger or damage to the paddle.
6 Avoid bringing valuables (such as laptop) to KWSC.
6 Sandals are the most comfortable footwear as your feet will get wet.
7 A dry set of clothing to change after paddling is recommended.
8 Bring along sunscreen, cap, long sleeved shirt and sunglasses to protect against the sun rays. It is impossible to retrieve the sunglasses that dropped into the water. Secure your belongings with you.
9 Do bring along a small bottle of drinking water into the dragon boat to prevent dehydration.
Have FUN :-)
Click here to view the Terms and Conditions for the rental of dragon boats.
12-crew ‘small’ training dragon boat
22-crew ‘standard’ training dragon boat
Size comparison between 12-crew and 22-crew training dragon boats”
Optional power boat as Safety Escort & Rescue Boat