Water traffic plan in Marina Reservoir.
For motorised vessels,
- Reduce speed and give way to the non-motorised vessels in the reservoir
- Keep within the designated zoning areas (referring to the map above)
For non-motorised vessels (at the 1 km racing lane),
- Kayaks will turn towards the inland side (rubble wall of Garden by The Bay East) to return to the 1km lane start point
- Dragon boats will turn towards the other side (F1 Pit Building) to return to the 1km lane start point
The notices are available at PUB’s website,
Zoning under Benjamin Sheares Bridge (across Kallang Basin)
Navigational Safety Directive
Please click to view the zoning map:
- The area shaded GREEN on the map is designated for non-motorised activities.
- The area shaded RED on the map is designated for motorised activities. No entry for non- motorised vessels.
- For your own safety, all non-motorised vessels are not permitted to enter into the safety zone (marked out by marker buoys) when the drainage pumps or crest gates are in operation.
- The area next to the pier (near Mederka Bridge) has a rocky bottom. The area is shallow.
Please keep clear of the area
- Reservoir users must comply with any instructions given by PUB officers in the reservoir.
- Users of Marina Reservoir are to comply with the Code of Conduct.
Water Safety Guidelines
Lightning and bad weather
All users are to stop their activity and seek shelter when the lightning alert system is activated (Example: Lightning alert siren is sounded and/or lightning alert received via sms). Exercise sound judgment by visual observation of the surrounding environment and adjust your activities as required (Example: Building up of thunder clouds and sightings of lightning).
Use of Personal Floatation Device (PFD)
PFD must be worn at all times when carrying out activities in the water.
All activities in the reservoir are to be carried out only during daylight hours from 7am to 7pm.