Pesta Sukan 2021
SportSG and SDBA are pleased to inform the dragon boat community that there will be dragon boat racing in Pesta Sukan. The race will be held according to the Safe Management Measures that were designed to keep everyone safe during this COVID19 period. So we earnestly implore everyone to please bear with all the non-typical race conventions in the hope that we can all compete safety.
The dragon boat race will also be free-of-charge, without any registration fee. This is our way to say thank you to everyone for supporting the sport and keeping us going through thick and thin, lockdown or no lockdown. This Pesta Sukan is for you.
Critical information for your noting:-
Control Measures for Paddler (ER 1.4.a)
- The paddler is considered as “unprotected” (i.e., not wearing face mask when inside the dragon boat, etc.)
- The paddler registered in the racing crew must be unique and cannot be replicated into other registered racing crew
- Exception is given for paddler from the same Team participating within the same Category but in different Racing Class provided these are on different days
- The paddler is not allowed to race across other Categories, even though for the same or different Teams and/or for races on different race days
Control Measures for Steersperson (ER 1.4.b)
- The Steersperson is considered as “protected” (i.e. wearing face mask, etc.)
- The steersperson registered in the racing crew must be unique and cannot be replicated into another registered racing crew.
- Exception if given for steersperson from the same Team participating within the same Category but in different Racing Class provided these are on different days
- The Steersperson is not allowed to steer for different Teams across other Categories, even though the races are on different days
- Alternating steering and paddling for the same Team is not permitted. The Steersperson cannot be a paddler in the same category/different division even if the category/division is on different days as this will void their “protected status”
Crew Eligibility (ER 4.1)
- Every team can register MAXIMUM TWO (2) CREWS in each of all the racing categories.
- Priority is given to first crew that is registered by The Team, on first-come first-get basis
- Second Crew registered by The Team shall be subjected to the remaining slot availability only after the allocation of every other Team’s first crew. The Second Crew shall therefore be put on the waiting list, pending the acceptance on Team’s receipt of successful registration, also on first-come first-get basis
- Teams are therefore guaranteed one racing slot provided there are slots available based on the first-come first-get condition
Ratio of Nationalities inside Racing Crew (ER 4.2)
|1.||Ratio of Nationalities required in one (1) dragon boat crew:||
CSC Teams participating in GRO Mixed (Annex B)
Please note control on Grassroot Leaders (GRL), Minority Ethnicity and Foreigner within the registered racing dragon boat crew
Please click on the links for for the relevant documents: